Saturday, March 30, 2013

Getting Over Yourself

Pam Sowder, the It Works Director of Marketing, often says to be successful in this business, we must "get over ourselves".  I have had so many potential distributors, that I know would have been rockstars had they tried, turn down the opportunity because they were embarrassed to be the next person on facebook "selling" something or trying to get people to attend parties. Some were scared of failure and rejection, some were scared of what their families would think and some people just seemed to think that "network marketing" was below them.

Something that stuck with me from our Bootcamp this month was that "when you have a product that people want, you can get rich". When you are selling something that people want and they can't get it anywhere else, you can get rich. When you are selling something that can change someone's body or the way they feel (even the people who are active runners, athletes, etc.), you can get rich. I don't know about you, but I was a hardcore athlete my whole life and I still had cellulite and stretch marks. I haven't had kids yet but owning a store that sells maternity and nursing bras, I already know that crunches don't get rid of loose skin and/or stretch marks that some people have from child birth! You better believe that the nurse in my delivery room will also be delivering a skinny wrap to my belly as soon as she can.

One of my distributors reached out to an old friend this weekend with a simple and personal note about the products and just to catch up on life in general. This "friend" replied by ripping into my distributor with the harshest words and comments towards this type of business and our company. In fact, this person must have spent AT LEAST an hour or two researching all of these things about network marketing and this "silly pyramid scheme" that we are a part of (HELLO!? the 80's are over). There were many things I wanted to say to stick up for my team but we decided that this person must just be very unhappy with their lifestyle to spend such a huge chunk of time trying to discourage ours.

The last time I checked, working for yourself, setting your own hours, having unlimited potential for growth and being able to have financial freedom is PRETTY darn awesome. So as some of you sit here unimpressed or even embarrassed by network marketing, that's okay... I never thought I would be a part of something like this either. However, if you want to spend an hour researching why you shouldn't be a part of our company (or any similar company for that matter), I will let you do that while I take a nap and enjoy a little thing called residual income.

Man, I get passionate when I talk about this company! If you still aren't sure why, please scroll back up and refer to the main picture on my blog... this company HAS changed my life.

Have a wonderful Easter with your family and friends. We all have so much to be thankful for and not a day in this life should go by without acknowledging that every blessing comes from above! 








No comments:

Post a Comment